Tuition and Fees
View current Mizzou tuition and fees under the section “Fees for Distance/Online Programs.”
- Online, nonresident undergraduate students will pay a small nonresident fee in addition to tuition.
- Online graduate students pay in-state tuition regardless of residency.
- In addition to the per-credit-hour tuition, you will be required to pay certain fees, such as the information technology fee. See fee descriptions.
- Some MU schools and colleges charge supplemental course fees. These are in addition to tuition and other fees. See “Course Fees” at the Cashiers website.
- Each self-paced course enrollment carries a nonrefundable $25.00 administrative fee.
Distance degree programs with different tuition rates:
Several degree programs charge different tuition, including:
- Architectural Studies — graduate
- Big 12 Engineering Consortium — graduate and undergraduate
- eMINTS — graduate
- Energy Efficiency graduate certificate program
- Great Plains — graduate (Agricultural Education, Family & Community Services, Youth Development, Gerontology, Personal Financial Planning)
- Great Plains — undergraduate
- Health Management and Informatics (Health Administration, Health Informatics, Health Ethics)
- Journalism (Health Communication, Interactive Media, Media Management, Strategic Communication)
- Masters in Public Health
- Nursing — graduate
- Vet Med Biomedical Courses — undergraduate (Online out-of-state vet tech students may qualify for scholarship assistance. Contact Dr. C.B. Chastain at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.)
Late registration fee for semester-based courses
A fee equal to one credit hour is charged if you enroll on or after the beginning date of any course.
Visit the Registrar's website for details.
Admission Application fee (for degree-seeking applications):
A one-time enrollment fee of $150 is assessed. Payment of the fee is the first step in the registration process.
Undergraduate (U.S. applicant): $50
Graduate (U.S. applicant): $65
Undergraduate (International applicant): $60
Graduate (International applicant): $90
Proof of Payment
If you need a receipt for fees paid, contact the Office of Cashiers and request a Paid Fee Letter. The Paid Fee letter will only be mailed to the address on your official record. Only one request per semester. The following information is necessary to process your request: name, address, student number, semester for which you are requesting a receipt.
The University reserves the right to increase or decrease the fees charged for attendance and other services at the University when the Board of Curators considers it in the best interest of the University to do so. Any increase in fees must be approved by the Board of Curators not less than thirty (30) days prior to the beginning of the academic term (semester, etc.) to which these fees will be applied. Any change in fees will be effective irrespective of whether fees have or have not been paid by or on behalf of a student prior to the effective date of the modification.